Investing in the stock market can be very profitable. Especially if you can see into the future. This is a story of how a group of traders and hackers got together to figure out a way to see into the future and make a lot of money from that.
Support for this show comes from Thinkst Canary. Their canaries attract malicious actors in your network and then send you an alert if someone tries to access them. Great early warning system for knowing when someone is snooping around where they shouldn’t be. Check them out at https://canary.tools.
Support for this show comes from Juniper Networks. Juniper Networks is dedicated to simplifying network operations and driving superior experiences for end users. Visit juniper.net/darknet to learn more about how Juniper’s Zero Trust Data Center provides uncompromising visibility across all your data center environments. Visit juniper.net/darknet to learn more.
- How an international hacker network turned stolen press releases into $100 million
- USA v Vitaly Korchevsky, Vladislav Khalupsky, Leonid Momotok and Alexander Garkusha
- USA v Ivan Turchynov, Oleksandr Ieremenko, Arkadiy Dubovoy, Igor Dubovoy and Pavel Dubovoy
- SEC v Arkadiy Dubovoy et al.
- Two defendants in SEC’s Newswire Hacking matter found guilty by Federal jury in a related criminal case
- The role of NABU agent Shevchenko in the case of the deputy of the Odessa regional council Babenk became known [Google Translated]
- Paradise Papers: Ukraine crime gang hid proceeds in luxury London flats
- Insider ring accused of making $100M on news hack
- Public Company – Investopedia
- Hack-Fueled ‘Unprecedented’ Insider Trading Ring Nets $100M
- Nine People Charged In Largest Known Computer Hacking and Securities Fraud Scheme
- Press Releases Finally Get a Devoted Readership: Hackers
- United States v Korchevsky – Court of Appeals
- Hacker sentenced to 30 months in prison for role in largest known computer hacking and securities scheme
- Trial begins in $20 million insider trading case over hacked press releases
- Businesswire – Wikipedia
- SEC’s advanced data analytics helps detect even the smallest illicit market activity
- Key witness in press-release hacking case is sentenced to time served
- Dendreon Corporation – D&B Business Corporation
- Ukrainian Hacker Admits Role in Largest Known Computer Hacking and Securities Fraud Scheme
- Experts: After hacking scheme, it’s time to rethink how companies use wire services
- Price Revelation from Insider Trading: Evidence from Hacked Earnings News
- Hackers made $100 million on Wall Street by stealing corporate press releases before they were released and then trading on the information
- Suspect in Insider Trading Case Granted Bail
- Four from Ukraine sought in $100 million US insider-trading case
- What’s insider trading and why it’s a big problem
- Study Asserts Starling Numbers of Insider Trading Rogues
- Greed is Bad. Bad!
- Hackers allegedly acted within minutes to turn stolen data into trading profits
- US Feds Release 10 Most Wanted Cyber Fugitives List
- SEC brings charges in EDGAR hacking case
- US Dept of Justice, US Attorney District of New Jersey. Plea Agreement with Vadym Iermolovych
- Ukrainian who pleaded guilty in hacking scheme gets 30 months in prison
- Ukrainian trader, alleged ringleader, a beloved pastor in Pa. Slavic Baptist Church
- Koncha-Zaspa – Wikipedia
- PR Newswire – Wikipedia
- Marketwire LP and Marketwire Inc against PR Newswire Association LLC et al
- Stop the press releases! PR Newswire sued by rival
- Trader accused in $100 million hacking scheme pleads not guilty in US
- Wall Street (1987 film) – Wikipedia
- 8 fascinating facts about the busiest airport in the world which sees 107 million passengers a year and employs 63’000 people
- APD Developers Inc – Corporate Database
- How a Thirty-Year-Old Can Be Vice President at Morgan Stanley
- Why Do Shareholders Need Financial Statements
- Pastor charged in global hacking scheme gets $2.8 million bail
- Trial begins for two men, one a Pastor, accused of making millions off hacked press releases
- Two convicted in $30 million insider – trading scheme with links to Ukraine
- Former Hedge Fund Manager Sentenced to 60 Months’ Imprisonment and Ordered to Pay $14.4 Million in Forfeiture for role in International Securities Fraud and Computer Hacking Scheme
- Appeals court upholds conviction of Baptist Pastor sentenced in Insider Trading Scheme
- Georgia Trader Pleads Guilty to Largest Known Computer Hacking and Securities Fraud Scheme
- Securities & Exchange Commission v Arkadiy Dubovoy et al. Civil Action No. 15-6076 ORDER
- Securities & Exchange Commission v Oleksandr Ieremenko et al. Civil Action No. 19-505 ORDER
- Ukrainian Hacker Admits Stealing Corporate Press Releases for $30 Million Profit
- Ukrainian hacker admits stealing business press releases for $30M gain
- Georgia man pleads guilty in insider trading hacking case
- Constitution of Ukraine
- SEC Data Analysis in Insider Trading Investigations
- Two Defendants Convicted on All Counts for International Computer Hacking and Securities Fraud Scheme
- Newswire hacking defendant avoids jail in New York
- Securities and Exchange Commission v Arkadiy Dubovoy, Igor Dubovoy, Pavel Dubovoy et al
- US Indicts Nine in ‘Brazen’ Insider Trading Scheme
- Gordon Gekko on money, exploitation, and capitalism (Wall Street, Stone, 1987)
- Wall Street – “The most valuable commodity I know of is information”
- Wall Street (4/5) Movie CLIP – Greed is Good (1987) HD
- The Market Abuse Unit as a Response to the Call for Specialized Federal Securities Law Enforcement
- Insider Trading Ring Made Millions by Hacking Press Releases
Darknet Diaries is created by Jack Rhysider.
Editing by Damienne. Assembled by Tristan Ledger.
Episode artwork by odibagas.
Mixing by Proximity Sound.
Recording equipment used this episode was the Shure SM7B, Zoom Podtrak P4, Sony MDR7506, in the Hindenburg editor.
Add this episode of Darknet Diaries to your own website with the following embed code: