Anuko Time Tracker version 188.8.131.5225 suffers from a CSV formula injection vulnerability.
advisories | CVE-2020-15255
# Exploit Title: Anuko Time Tracker 184.108.40.20625 - CSV/Formula Injection
# Date: 2020-10-17
# Exploit Author: Mufaddal Masalawala
# Vendor Homepage: https://www.anuko.com/ <https://berrnd.de/>
# Software Link: https://www.anuko.com/time-tracker/index.htm
# Version: 220.127.116.1125
# Tested on: Kali Linux 2020.3
# CVE: CVE-2020-15255
# Proof Of Concept:
CSV Injection (aka Excel Macro Injection or Formula Injection) exists in
Reports feature in Anuko Time Tracker v18.104.22.16811 via User, Project and
Note data field that is mistreated while exporting to a CSV file.
To exploit this vulnerability:
1. Login to the application, goto 'User' module and edit the user
2. Inject the payload *=rundll32|'URL.dll,OpenURL calc.exe'!A* in the
3. Goto 'Project' module, add a new project with the same malicious
payload in the 'Name' field
4. Goto 'Time' module, select our created User, Project and again enter
the same payload in 'Note' field
5. Enter the rest of the details and click 'Submit'
6. Now goto 'Reports' click Generateand download the CSV file
7. Open the CSV file, allow all popups and our payload is executed
(calculator is opened).