WordPress Mortgage Calculators WP plugin version 1.52 suffers from a persistent cross site scripting vulnerability.
advisories | CVE-2021-24904
# Exploit Title: WordPress Plugin Mortgage Calculators WP 1.52 - Stored Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) (Authenticated)
# Date: 25-10-2021
# Exploit Author: Ceylan Bozogullarindan
# Vendor Homepage: https://lenderd.com/
# Software Link: https://mortgagecalculatorsplugin.com/
# Version: 1.52
# Tested on: Linux
# CVE : CVE-2021-24904 (https://wpscan.com/vulnerability/7b80f89b-e724-41c5-aa03-21d1eef50f21)
# Steps To Reproduce:
1. Go to settings page available under the "Calculator" menu item.
2. Click the "Select Color" button and type the following payload the input space: `hacked</style></head><script>alert(1)</script>`
3. Click the "Save Changes" button to save settings.
4. Create a new page and add the shortcode ([mcwp type="cv"]) of the calculator, for testing.
5. Visit the page to trigger XSS.