Demand for public Wi-Fi is on the rise. Usually free of charge, but there is a risk of expensive losses. Learn ways to protect yourself from cyber-threats.
The demand for public Wi-Fi is increasing constantly due to the increase of smartphone owners and remote workers. Researchers at VPNMentor say that there are approximately 549 million Wi-Fi hotspots worldwide. Another survey by Semantic found that 87 percent of U.S. consumers have used the readily available public internet at a cafe, airport or hotel.
Connecting to those hotspots is usually free of charge, but there is a risk of expensive losses. According to PwC, consumers expect companies to protect their data proactively; 92 percent of consumers say companies must be proactive about data protection, 82 percent agree that the government should regulate how companies use private data, and 72 percent think that businesses, not the government, are best equipped to protect them.
While it is impossible to guarantee 100 percent protection on public Wi-Fi, there are certain measures that can be taken to significantly reduce the risk of cyberthreats over the network and most countries started forcing Wi-Fi providers to include cybersecurity protection along with the internet in order to make them comply with the law. Compliances differ from country to country. We have CIPA in the USA, IWF & Friendly Wi-Fi in the UK, and BpjM in Germany, but all of them tend to require the same thing, that is, filter inappropriate content and keep the user protected.
Web filtering is considered to be an all-in-one package solution that protects users from cyber-threats while filtering the internet from unwanted content. However, not all web filtering providers offer additional features.
There certainly are a few good players on the market, where SafeDNS is among the top ones according to Capterra.
SafeDNS for Wi-Fi Providers
SafeDNS has a Resellers program for MSPs and Wi-Fi providers. The program is sold at a competitive price with volume-based and multi-year subscription discounts, a user-friendly admin panel to create and modify customers’ accounts, 24/7 support that would be more than happy to assist you with the related issues.
SafeDNS cloud service for web content filtering can be deployed on a public Wi-Fi network in minutes. The service is managed 24/7 from anywhere on the internet via a centralized online dashboard. It allows you to deploy an individual filtering policy for every location you have. You can fine-tune the policies and change them for specific locations at any minute.
Benefits of SafeDNS
- A volume-based discount for Wi-Fi providers, up to 40 percent.
- Central admin panel to control and modify client’s accounts.
- White-label for Wi-Fi providers to promote their own brand (logo & domain).
- Easy deployment and management that doesn’t require any hardware.
- API with full guides.
- 24/7 friendly support (calls, email, live chat).
- 14-day trial for each potential client you have.
- Discount for friendly Wi-Fi certification.
Features of SafeDNS
- Adblocking that blocks recurrent ads on your guests’ screens that sometimes mask malware.
- Enhanced protection against child sexual abuse.
- Advanced threat intelligence against malicious content and phishing recourses.
- Pre-defined categories; each can be blocked with a single click.
- Granular block/allow lists, and “allow list only” feature.
- Anycast servers with low latency.
- Agent roaming client.
- Unlimited filtering policies per subscription.
- User-friendly dashboard.
- Public Wi-Fi usage policy compliance.
- Monitoring and reporting system for marketing analytics and employee management.
- Scheduled filter for different kinds of filtering on the day times.
- Multi tenants per subscription.
You can register for the reseller plan using this link, no deposit is necessary. You can test the service for up to 14 days and only start paying when you get the payment from your first client who uses our service.